Alice Cooper and earMUSIC are celebrating the chart success of Paranormal. The album was produced by long-time Cooper collaborator Bob Ezrin for earMUSIC, the rock label part of the Edel AG group, which markets and distributes the album worldwide through its international network. Paranormal features guests such as Larry Mullen (U2, who plays on 9 of the 12 new songs), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Deep Purple´s Roger Glover as well as a highly anticipated mini-reunion of the original Alice Cooper band members. He’ll join up with Deep Purple beginning this Saturday, August 12th, in Las Vegas. Tour highlights include The Greek in Los Angeles on August 13th and Jones Beach on August 26th. Listen to samples of each track from the album and take a look at Paranormal‘s chart positions around the world and Alice Cooper’s full North American tour dates below.
#32 Billboard Top 200
#1 Hard Music Albums
#28 Top Digital Albums
#3 Current Physical Albums
#3 Internet Albums
#1 Independent Chart
Some of the chart positions achieved by the album so far are among the highest for Alice Cooper in the last 30 years:
- Germany: #4 (highest charts entry in 45 years since the classic “School’s Out”).
- Australia: #4(highest chart entry in 39 years).
- Belgium: #5
- USA: #6 current album charts (#32 Billboard 200, #1 Hard Music Albums, #3 Current Physical).
- UK: #6 (highest chart entry in 23 years) / #1 Rock Charts #1 independent Charts.
- Sweden: #6 (highest charts entry in 28 years since the smash hit album “Trash” in 1989).
- Finland: #9 (best charts entry ever) #1 physical album sales.
- On release date, Paranormal climbed the iTunes rock charts at #1 in 12 countries and the Top 5 in 20 countries.
“…[Paranormal]’s got enough fist-shaking brainbangers to get us through the summer…” – Team Rock
“It’s the middle of summer, but school is back in session as Alice Cooper teaches us how it’s done.” – The Washington Post
“Alice Cooper is America’s most beloved villain” – AXS
“There’s almost no other rockers of Alice’s vintage that could pull off such a feat. Sharpen up the guillotine, folks; he ain’t done yet.” – Paste Magazine
For more information visit www.alicecooper.com